Job Title : Site Carpentry Apprentice
Employer : Matthew Oxborough Carpentry Solutions
Location : Kettering, Northamptonshire, NN15 6RA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Construction
Vacancy Reference : VAC-12050
Brief Description : Apprentice site carpenter predominantly working externally roofs/joists with occasional 1st fix on new builds.
Qualifications Required : GCSE’s in Maths and English at Grade D or above
Equivalent qualifications will be considered
Vacancy Detail : You will need to have your own method of transport (usually to Earls Barton)
You will work and train alongside Matthew Oxborough or my other employee
working on roofs and Joists and also on new builds on the Earls Barton site.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday 7.45am to 4.45pm 40 working hours per week
Salary : £175.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 01/03/2020
Possible Start Date : 09/03/2020
Personal Qualities : • Self-motivated
• Dynamic personality
• Able to be part of a team but also work on own initiative
• Good time management and prioritisation
• Attention to detail
Skills Required : • Good practical skills
• Organised approach to work
• Ability to follow technical drawings and plans
• Good math skills for measuring and working out quantities and angles
• Reasonable level of fitness
Future Prospects : Possibility of progression or a full time position may be offered on successful completion of your apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : • Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations (Construction) Site Carpentry
• Functional Skills in Maths and English (if required)
• Regular onsite work based assessment carried out by a Tresham Training Coordinator
• Regular college attendance will be required at Tresham Corby Campus.
Other Information : With effect from April 1st 2019 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship.
For all other Apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Things to consider : Only Candidates who have fully completed the Application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
The map below shows the employer's location