Job Title : Engineering Apprentice
Employer : Saint-Gobain Tape Solutions
Location : Corby, Northamptonshire, NN17 4NP
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Engineering
Vacancy Reference : VAC-11962
Brief Description : Based at Corby site, the Multi-Skilled Apprentice Technician role will complete a modern Apprenticeship which will incorporate a combination of onsite & offsite training to gain Engineering Vocational & Academic Qualifications.
Qualifications Required : GCSE’s in Maths and English at Grade D or above
Equivalent qualifications will be considered
Vacancy Detail : Supporting team with the day to day tasks and projects to meet the business needs.
- The responsibilities of the role are to gain Engineering Vocational & Academic Qualifications to achieve Modern Apprenticeship which will incorporate a combination of onsite and offsite training.
- Work under supervision from the Maintenance & Production Supervisor and other key personnel at Corby to gain practical knowledge & Experience of the Processes, Operations and Business.
- Complete Maintenance and Engineering tasks and projects to meet the needs of the business.
- Participate in World Class Manufacturing methods and techniques.
- Work with different parts of the organisation and interact with internal or external customers.
- Ensure safety is paramount to all activities carried out, and as a result all safety practices must be conducted.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm - 37.5 hours per week
Salary : £146.25 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 13/10/2019
Possible Start Date : 21/10/2019
Personal Qualities : • Team-Working
• Desire to Learn & Develop
• Good Communicator
Skills Required : • Strong communication skills and a professional and personable attitude
• Self-motivated and hungry for a challenge.
• Hard working.
Future Prospects : Possibility of progression or a full time position may be offered on successful completion of your apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : Performing Engineering Operations NVQ Level 2 Diploma (QCF) – with bias to match your chosen pathway
Other Information : The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour (effective from April 2019). This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Things to consider : Only Candidates who have fully completed the Application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
The map below shows the employer's location