Job Title : UPVC Window and Door Installer - Apprentice
Employer : CTB Installations Ltd
Location : Rothwell, Northamptonshire, NN14 6BW
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Building Services
Vacancy Reference : VAC-11938
Brief Description : To train with the Installation Team to learn all aspects of UPVC installations in order to gain the required knowledge and skills to become a competent fitter.
Qualifications Required : You will need a minimum of three GCSEs at grades A*-D or 9-4, including English and maths, or equivalent.
Vacancy Detail : Responsibilities and Duties
• Work on site
• Observing, learning and understanding a wide range of skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff
• To be able to demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team, to undertake tasks as instructed and increasing overall contribution to
• Use tools and equipment
• Train to install windows, doors and conservatories, doors and roofline
• Prepare sites and customers property as directed • Keep sites clean and tidy
• Removal of old windows and doors
• Prepare new products for installation, fitting handles, vents, cills etc.
• Sealing and cleaning as directed
• Learning and understanding the importance of Health and safety within the workspace
• To perform any other duties appropriate
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday 8am to 4.30pm
Salary : £156.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 13/10/2019
Possible Start Date : 21/10/2019
Personal Qualities : Self-motivated
• Dynamic personality
• Able to be part of a team but also work on own initiative
• Good time keeper
• Eye for detail
Skills Required : Good practical skills
• Organised approach to work
• Ability to follow technical drawings and plans
• Good math skills for measuring and working out quantities and angles
• Reasonable level of fitness
Future Prospects : Possibility of progression or a full time position may be offered on successful completion of your apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : Level 2 Diploma in Maintenance Operations
Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Maintenance Operations (Construction)
Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths and English
Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Other Information : With effect from April 1st 2019 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship.
For all other Apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Things to consider : Only Candidates who have fully completed the Application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
The map below shows the employer's location