Job Title : Insurance Sales & Customer Services Apprentice
Employer : NFU Mutual
Location : Kettering, Northamptonshire, NN16 9UP
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Business Services
Vacancy Reference : VAC-11916
Brief Description : NFU Mutual are looking for a Customer Service Apprentice to join their busy team in Kettering.
Qualifications Required : You will need to have achieved 3 GCSEs A*-D or 9-3 including English and maths, or equivalent.
Vacancy Detail : A new opportunity for an ambitious and motivated person who wants a career in a customer focussed environment. Are you energetic, positive and target driven? Do you like helping people? Then this is the job for you!
Mainly dealing with car and home insurance queries and quotations. You will get to know our customers and support them through claims, new purchases and changing circumstances.
• Support answering the telephone taking and relaying messages for staff
• Process customer requests via our internal systems
• Provide information to callers where necessary
• General administrative and clerical support
• Prepare letters and documents
• Manage post & e-mails
• Data entry & data base management
• Schedule appointments for internal meetings
• Acquire and maintain knowledge of NFU Mutual General Insurance products, as applicable to product licences
• Administer client work instructions to meet Agency completion standards
• Review and advise upon customer general insurance requirements
• Produce correspondence to required timeframes and quality standards
• Support Agents and senior office staff with office administration duties
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday - Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm (one hour for lunch)
Salary : £140.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 01/09/2019
Possible Start Date : 16/09/2019
Personal Qualities : • Positive attitude
• Ability to use own initiative
• Polite and professional
• Likes dealing with people from all backgrounds
• Takes pride in working hard as part of a team
• Enthusiastic ‘can do’ outlook
• Desire to work to a high standard
• Good attention to detail.
Skills Required : • Computer literate
• Polite telephone manner
• Effective communication skills both written and verbal.
Future Prospects : Possibility of progression or a full time position may be offered on successful completion of your apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 plus ...Functional Skills in English and maths (if required). You will also study a range of topics including: Knowing your customers, Understanding your organisation, Meeting regulations and legislation, Systems and resources, Your role and responsibility, Customer experience, Product and service knowledge, Interpersonal skills, Communication
Other Information : With effect from April 1st 2019 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship.
For all other Apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Things to consider : Only Candidates who have fully completed the Application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
The map below shows the employer's location