Job Title : Store Controller Apprentice
Employer : HumanWare
Location : Rushden, Northamptonshire, NN10 6AR
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Manufacturing
Vacancy Reference : VAC-11905
Brief Description : To assist and support the Logistics & Operations Administrator with regard to the control of the stores and supply chain activities of the company in accordance with the agreed standards and targets.
Qualifications Required : GCSE’s in Maths, English and IT at Grade D or above
Equivalent qualifications will be considered
Vacancy Detail : Key responsibilities.
• To receipt goods into the warehouse and check for any damage upon delivery.
• Maintain the layout and location of all products and spare parts inventory
• Book all goods into the company ICT system ( Great Plains ); including RMA’s
• Carry out picking and packing of customer orders.
• Produce all relevant shipping documents via freight forwarder IT systems
• Quality control (via managed and auditable systems) all incoming products for 100% correctness and saleability.
• Quality control (via managed and auditable systems) all outgoing products for 100% correctness and saleability.
• Remove any non-conforming goods and place in a separate area for rectification
• To maintain the stock of packaging materials at the correct levels and place purchase orders as required.
• Assist with the localisation, updating, cleaning, checking, testing, and refurbishment of equipment as and when required.
• Maintain the warehouse to ensure a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
• To ensure that customers requirements are satisfied with regard to the delivery of product
• Maintain the security of product and general stores area.
• Provide support and cover for the Logistics and Operations administrator and Stock controller during their absence.
• Carry out general building maintenance duties as required.
• To enhance the reputation and image of Humanware through professional conduct and excellent service.
Ensure all products despatched are correctly picked and packaged and 100% correct with 0% re-return rate due to orders being either incomplete or damaged due to insufficient or incorrect packaging.
Ensure that all stock is 100% saleable, and correct at time of despatch with a 0% return rate.
Ensure that all received goods are checked for both quality and quantity and available for re-sale within 3 hrs of receipt
Ensure that all customer orders are picked and ready for despatch within 3.5 working hours of receipt.
Ensure Customer satisfaction with regard to quality of product and accurate delivery to the end –user
Warehouse is maintained to be clean, safe from hazards and well laid out at all times
Continue to improve processes and systems wherever possible.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Salary : £175.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 18/08/2019
Possible Start Date : 01/09/2019
Personal Qualities : • Self-motivated
• Dynamic personality
• Able to be part of a team but also work on own initiative
• Good time keeper
• Good attention to detail
Skills Required : • Good organisational skills
• Focus on documentation
• Excellent communication skills
• Numeracy skills an advantage
Future Prospects : Possibility of progression or a full time position may be offered on successful completion of your apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship plus Level 2 Fuctional Skills in maths and English (if required) and Level 2 Functional Skills in ICT. You will also study a range of topics including: IT, Record and document production, Decision making, Planning and organisation, Project management, Policies, Relevant regulations, Resource Management, Communication, Marketing and Social Media, Stakeholders, Processes and external environment factors.
Other Information : With effect from April 1st 2019 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship.
For all other Apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Things to consider : Only Candidates who have fully completed the Application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
The map below shows the employer's location