Job Title : Development Worker - Teaching Assistant Apprentice
Employer : Tresham College
Location : Kettering, Northamptonshire, NN17 1NE
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Education
Vacancy Reference : VAC-11904
Brief Description : • To assist with the recruitment and retention of Prince’s Trust Team members
• To identify and support those with basic skills needs
• To assist with work placement activity subsequent to completion of main programme.
based - Stockley Street, Northampton
Qualifications Required : • Demonstrable knowledge of Equality and Diversity
• Experience of work placement opportunities and requirements
• Experience of Health & Safety requirements
• Experience of dealing with challenging behaviour
• English and maths at GCSE grade A to C (or equivalent)
• Understanding of Child and Vulnerable Adult protection (Safeguarding Agenda) and the willingness to
• Experience of Prince’s Trust Team programmes
Vacancy Detail : PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL BE BASED AT NORTHAMPTON NORTH, VERNON TERRACE, STOCKLEY STREET, NORTHAMPTON NN1 5EY
1. To provide support and tuition for basic skills.
2. To assist the Prince’s Trust Team Leader with recruitment for each team.
3. To assist the Team Leader with provision of academic underpinning for the Prince’s Trust Team programme.
4. To set up individual learning plans with Team members.
5. To assist with sourcing work placements for the Team members.
6. To carry out reviews, evaluations and assessment with Team members on an individual basis, as required.
7. To assist the Team Leader with record keeping and attend meetings as necessary.
8. To assist with promotion of the Team programme to employers and community organisations.
9. To attend training as directed.
10. To ensure that Team members comply with Health and Safety requirements.
11. To undertake risk assessments for work placements and other activities.
12. To participate in the College Appraisal and Development Scheme, agree an action plan and undertake the required training in order to update skills and meet the requirements of the College and Department Strategic Plan.
13. To undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required, commensurate with grade, at place of work or at other locations in the catchment area.
To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and for raising any concerns in line with College procedures.
• Equality and Diversity:
To be responsible for promoting equality and diversity in line with College procedures.
• Health and Safety:
To be responsible for following health and safety requirements in line with College policy and procedures.
• Training and development:
To participate proactively in training and development including qualification development required in the job role.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm (30 min lunch break) work base is Northampton
Salary : £156.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 18/08/2019
Possible Start Date : 26/08/2019
Personal Qualities : • Effective communicator both written and oral & good social skills
• Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children, young
people and vulnerable adults
• Willingness continuously to update skills and knowledge
• Willingness to travel to and work at all locations where we provide a service
• Awareness of health and safety requirements relevant to the job
Skills Required : • Ability to support delivery of Basic Skills
• Ability to work with a diverse range of people
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Ability to work effectively in a team
• Ability to motivate and build confidence
• Good relationship building skills
• Ability to work in line with our Values of:
. Student Focus
. High Performance
. Respect, Openness, Honesty and explain how these relate to the job role
• Ability to make a positive contribution to the team, valuing and respecting others’ expertise and
• Ability to promote our excellent reputation and carry out our business appropriately and
professionally at all times
• Ability to communicate effectively and confidently face to face, on the telephone and in writing
Future Prospects : Possibility of progression or a full time position may be offered on successful completion of your apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : • Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
• Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths and ICT
• Level 2 Functional Skills In English
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Monthly onsite work based assessment carried out by a Tresham assessor
Other Information : With effect from April 1st 2019 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship.
For all other Apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Things to consider : Only Candidates who have fully completed the Application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
The map below shows the employer's location