Job Title : Teaching Assistant Apprentice
Employer : Lodge Park Academy
Location : Corby, Northamptonshire, NN17 2JH
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Education
Vacancy Reference : VAC-11900
Brief Description : The main task will be to support individual students with special educational needs, assist in maintaining good order and keeping pupils on task to achieve their full academic potential.
You will support the Academy's commitment to safeguarding.
Qualifications Required : • GCSE grade C or above in Maths and English
Experience of working with secondary aged students within an educational setting.
Vacancy Detail : SUPPORT FOR STUDENTS
• Support students with special educational needs within mainstream lessons
• Support students who require tests and assessments in areas such as reading
• Assist with the development and implementation of Pupil Profiles
• Establish productive working relationships with students, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
• Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all students within the classroom
• Support students consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs
• Encourage students to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage all students in activities
• Promote independence and employ strategies to recognise and reward achievement of self-reliance
• Provide feedback to students and staff in relation to progress and achievement
• To assist with the development of student's social skills
• To implement agreed work (intervention) with groups of students both in and outside the classroom and assist the teachers in evaluating their impact. This will also involve assisting the teacher in planning, and the management/preparation of resources.
• To be a part of the academy’s enrichment lessons.
SUPPORT FOR TEACHERS
• Work with the teacher to establish an appropriate learning environment
• Work with the teacher in lesson planning, evaluating and adjusting lessons/work plans as appropriate
• Monitor and evaluate students' responses to learning activities through observation and planned recording of achievement against pre-determined objectives
• Provide objective and accurate feedback and reports as required, to the teacher and SENCO on student achievement, progress and other matters, ensuring the availability of appropriate evidence
• Promote positive values, attitudes and good student behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and encourage students to take responsibility for their own behaviour
• Liaise sensitively and effectively with parents/carers as agreed with the teacher within your role/responsibility and participate in feedback sessions/meetings with parents with, or as directed.
SUPPORT FOR THE ACADEMY
• Implement and comply with all the Academy policies (i.e. safeguarding, behavior, SEN)
• Be aware of and support difference and ensure all students have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
• Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school
• Establish constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies/professionals, in liaison with the teacher, to support achievement and progress of students
• Attend and participate in regular meetings/training
• Undertake planned supervision of students out of school hours, and supervise students on visits, trips and out of school activities/catch-up sessions.
In addition, you will continuously evaluate and review your role and propose improvements to this job description in the light of experience as part of the performance management process. You will also be required to carry out any other additional duties as might reasonably require by the Principal and your line manager.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday 8.30am to 3.00pm - 2 hours per week in college
Salary : £134.55 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 03/11/2019
Possible Start Date : 18/11/2019
Personal Qualities : Essential
• High levels of discretion and integrity
• Approachable and composed
• Comfortable around and able to form good relationships with staff, students and parent
• Ability to be empathetic towards parents and students
• Able to be firm when required and consistent
• Committed to own professional development
• Highly motivated and hard working
• Good attendance and punctuality record
Skills Required : • Aware of Health and Safety and safeguarding issues
• Excellent verbal and written inter-personal skills
• Ability to write brief reports and keep records
• An accomplished user of ICT
• Excellent organisation, prioritisation and time management skills
• Commitment to and or experience of working with children and young people
• Ability to motivate and encourage children to meet their targets for learning and/or behavior
Future Prospects : Possibility of progression or a full time position may be offered on successful completion of your apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : • Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
• Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths and ICT
• Level 2 Functional Skills In English
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Monthly onsite work based assessment carried out by a Tresham assessor
Other Information : With effect from April 1st 2018 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship.
For all other Apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Things to consider : Only Candidates who have fully completed the Application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
The map below shows the employer's location