Job Title : Painting and Decorating Apprentice
Employer : Prestige Homeseeker Park & Leisure Homes
Location : Rushden, Northamptonshire, NN10 6GL
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Construction
Vacancy Reference : VAC-11835
Brief Description : Purpose of the role:
To learn all aspects of painting and decorating to achieve a high standard of craftsmanship. Complete Level 2 Apprenticeship Painter and Decorator. Gain the highest standards possible to continue ongoing development.
Qualifications Required : GCSE’s in Maths and English at Grade 4 or above
Equivalent qualifications will be considered
Vacancy Detail : Specific Duties:
The Apprentice will work alongside a skilled painter and decorator in all phases of work associated with that trade. This classification involves a day release over a three-year supervised training programme. Willingness to achieve the required performance and satisfactory levels of craftsmanship. This will include:
Duties of the Job
1. Gain a knowledge and understanding of the range of equipment, tools and materials relevant to the trade.
2. Develop your skills with ongoing training and assessments.
3. Understand the principles of painting and decorating and achieve the required levels of craftsmanship
4. Gain the experience to develop into a skilled painter and decorator.
5. Perform manual labour duties associated with the trade.
6. Cleaning tools and equipment.
7. Attend Tresham college on a day release learning programme.
8. Comply with and manage to the company health and safety policy and procedure;
9. Maintain good housekeeping standards
Health & Safety:
1. Ensure safe working practices are maintained;
2. Comply to PPE regulations at all times.
3. Maintain good housekeeping standards.
4. Carry out tasks in accordance with the correct codes of practice and always work to Health& Safety guidelines.
5. Follow the company’s health & safety policies and procedures.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday 7.00am to 3.30pm
Salary : £260.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 16/06/2019
Possible Start Date : 09/09/2019
Personal Qualities : • Self-motivated
• Dynamic personality
• Able to be part of a team but also work on own initiative
• Good time management and prioritisation
• Good attention to detail
• Effective communication skills
Skills Required : • Good practical skills
• Organised approach to work
• Ability to follow technical drawings and plans
• Good math skills for measuring and working out quantities and angles
Future Prospects : Possibility of progression or a full time position may be offered on successful completion of your apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : Decorative Finishing & Industrial Painting Occupations Cskills Level 2 Diploma plus….Decorative Finishing & Industrial Painting Occupations Cskills Level 2 NVQ Diploma, Employment Rights and Responsibilities, Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills, Functional Skills in English and maths (if required). You will also study a range of topics including: Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries, Knowledge of technical information, quantities and communication with others, Knowledge of construction technology, Erect and dismantle access equipment and working platforms, Prepare surfaces for decoration, Apply paint systems by brush and roller, Apply standard papers to ceilings and walls, Produce specialist decorative finishes
• Work methods
• Identify and respond to customer needs
• Construction Industry and Building Methods
• Product and specification Information
• Preparation and Application and Removal
Other Information : Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
For all other Apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Things to consider : Only Candidates who have fully completed the Application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice. Please note that in September when this begins this will be a STANDARDS qualification and will take 36 months to complete.
The stated interview date is set for you to attend an initial interview and assessment at Tresham College Of Further and Higher Education. On successful completion of this, your application will be submitted to the employer for their consideration.
The map below shows the employer's location