Job Title : Installation Electrician - Apprentice
Employer : Prestige Homeseeker Park & Leisure Homes
Location : Rushden, Northamptonshire, NN10 6GL
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Construction
Vacancy Reference : VAC-11833
Brief Description : Purpose of the Role:
To learn all aspects of electrics to achieve a high standard of craftsmanship. Complete required Level 3 Electrotechnical Qualification Installation or Maintenance. Gain the highest standards possible to continue ongoing development.
Qualifications Required : Candidates are required to have GCSEs or equivalent at Grade 4 or above in Maths and English
Vacancy Detail : Specific Duties:
The Apprentice will work alongside a skilled electrician in all phases of work associated with the trade. This classification involves a day release over a four-year supervised training programme. Willingness to achieve the required performance and satisfactory levels of craftsmanship. This will include:
Duties of the Job
1. Learning to install, maintain, inspect and repair electrical systems.
2. Develop your skills with ongoing training and assessments.
3. Understand and apply the principles, practices and legislation for carrying out electrical work safety and to the highest levels.
4. Gain the experience to develop into a skilled electrician.
5. Perform manual labour duties associated with the trade.
6. Cleaning tools and equipment.
7. Attend Tresham college on a day release learning programme.
8. Comply with and manage to the company health and safety policy and procedure;
9. Maintain good housekeeping standards
Health & Safety:
1. Ensure safe working practices are maintained;
2. Comply to PPE regulations at all times.
3. Maintain good housekeeping standards.
4. Carry out tasks in accordance with the correct codes of practice and always work to Health & Safety guidelines.
5. Follow the company’s health & safety policies and procedures
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday 7.00am to 3.30pm
Salary : £260.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 16/06/2019
Possible Start Date : 09/09/2019
Personal Qualities : Self-motivated
• Able to be part of a team but also work on own initiative
• Good time management and prioritisation
• Good attention to detail
Willingness and flexibility to adapt to new methods and tasks Good time management and prioritisation
• Effective communication skills
Skills Required : Good practical skills
• Organised approach to work
• Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
Future Prospects : Possibility of a full time position for the right candidate upon successful completion of their apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : Apprenticeship training will include the following qualifications:
• Level 3 Installation Electrician
• Onsite assessments will be carried out in the workplace and day release to be completed at Tresham’s Corby Campus
Other Information : With effect from April 1st 2019 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour.
This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship.
For all other Apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Things to consider : Only Candidates who have fully completed the Application will be considered.
Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
The map below shows the employer's location