Job Title : Site Carpentry Apprentice
Employer : Prestige Homeseeker Park & Leisure Homes
Location : Rushden, Northamptonshire, NN10 6GL
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Construction
Vacancy Reference : VAC-11832
Brief Description : To learn all aspects of carpentry to achieve a high standard of craftsmanship. Complete required Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations (Construction) Site Carpentry. Gain the highest standards possible to continue ongoing development.
Qualifications Required : GCSE’s in Maths and English at Grade 4 or above
Equivalent qualifications will be considered
Vacancy Detail : Specific Duties
The Apprentice will work alongside a skilled Carpenter in all phases of work associated with that trade. This classification involves attendance at college over an 18 – 24-month supervised training programme. This will include:
1. Learning to operate hand tools, power tools, and using equipment relevant to the trade.
2. Develop your skills with ongoing training and assessments.
3. Understand the technical principles of site carpentry work and achieve the required levels of craftsmanship
4. Gain the experience to develop into a skilled carpenter.
5. Perform manual labour duties associated with the trade.
6. Cleaning tools and equipment.
7. Attend Tresham College on a block release learning programme.
8. Comply with and manage to the company health and safety policy and procedure;
9. Maintain good housekeeping standards
Health & Safety -
1. Ensure safe working practices are maintained;
2. Comply to PPE regulations at all times.
3. Maintain good housekeeping standards.
4. Carry out tasks in accordance with the correct codes of practice and always work to Health & Safety guidelines.
5. Follow the company’s health & safety policies and procedures.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday 7.00am to 3.30pm
Salary : £260.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 16/06/2019
Possible Start Date : 09/09/2019
Personal Qualities : • Self-motivated
• Dynamic personality
• Able to be part of a team but also work on own initiative
• Good time management and prioritisation
• Attention to detail
• Effective communication skills
• Willingness and flexibility to adapt to new methods and tasks
Skills Required : • Good practical skills
• Ability to follow technical drawings and plans
• Good maths skills for measuring and working out quantities and angles
Future Prospects : Possibility of progression or a full time position may be offered on successful completion of your apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : • Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations (Construction) Site Carpentry
• Functional Skills in Maths and English (if required)
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities
• Regular onsite work based assessment carried out by a Tresham Assessor
• Weekly college attendance will be required at Tresham Corby Campus.
Other Information : With effect from April 1st 2019 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship.
For all other Apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Things to consider : Only Candidates who have fully completed the Application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
The map below shows the employer's location