Job Title : Multi Skilled Shift Engineer (Electrical) Apprentice
Employer : Aryzta Bakeries UK Ltd
Location : Dunstable, Bedfordshire, LU5 4TP
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Manufacturing
Vacancy Reference : VAC-11785
Brief Description : Working under supervision, your role is to provide engineering resource to support the efficient manufacturing of quality bakery goods in a safe and cost-effective manner.
Please note - you will required to attend BEDFORD COLLEGE once a week day release.
Qualifications Required : You will need a minimum of four GCSEs at grades A*-C or 9-4 including English, maths and science , or equivalent, or a technical subject such as engineering or product design. Alternatively you can progress from a relevant Level 2 Intermediate apprenticeship programme. Also a Level 2 qualification in Engineering.
Vacancy Detail : Under strict supervision and accordance with your training framework , your role is to:
• To complete planned maintenance, fault finding and breakdown repairs, installation and modification to plant and services to attain world class performance from the assets
• Maintain and repair Plant equipment to high Engineering, Quality, Safety and Hygiene standards
• Make decisions in line with the framework of our site policies and procedures
• Make decisions in line the Electricity at Work Act and company Electrical Code of Practice (ECOPS)
• Ensure all Engineering work is carried out in an efficient and effective manner, in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice, Health and Safety Legislation and current Company Standards
• Work towards and achieve the required qualifications necessary to carry out the role in accordance with the course training framework
• Learn and understand the correct operation of each piece of equipment so as to know what effect there is on parameter changes and what can be achieved by the equipment
• Fault diagnose and complete breakdown repairs of process equipment, bakery manufacturing plant, packaging equipment and site services
• Utilise the Asset Management System fully and assist in its development to achieve ‘World Class’ asset performance
• Proactively complete Project work, including the installation and commissioning of machines and equipment within authorised skill level
• Manage your workload and time plan seeking out improvements and running repairs
• Positively influence the change management process, driving Engineering culture to world class performance
• Undertake training and up-skilling programs as directed by business needs and to keep abreast of technological advancements and maintain skill level
• Ensure an in depth-handover is provided to oncoming shift, to incl. Engineering, manufacturing & warehouse issues
• Provide as required supervised Engineering cover to support the bakery within your normal working hours
• Undertake periodic performance appraisals
• Undertake any other duties which reasonably correspond to the general character of the role
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : hours will vary - to be confirmed with employer
Salary : £240.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 05/05/2019
Possible Start Date : 13/05/2019
Personal Qualities : • Proactive
• Attention to detail
Skills Required : • Strong communication skills and a professional and personable attitude
• Self-motivated and hungry for a challenge.
• Hard working and want to be part of a growing company.
Future Prospects : Possibility of progression or a full time position may be offered on successful completion of your apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : Engineering Maintenance NVQ Level 3 Extended Diploma, EAL Engineering Technology Level 3 Diploma, BTEC or VRQ. Plus English, maths and ICT Functional Skills, Employee Rights and Responsibilities, Personal Learning and Thinking Skills. You will study a range of topics including: Engineering and Environmental Health and Safety, Engineering Organisational Efficiency and Improvement
Other Information : With effect from April 1st 2019 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship.
For all other Apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Things to consider : Only Candidates who have fully completed the Application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
The job holder is required to demonstrate commitment to achieving the qualifications they are studying within the course completion time frames.
In addition to supervision with your appointed Mentor, the job holder will be required to attend regular review meetings with their Mentor which focuses on their progress against the Apprenticeship skills framework.
The map below shows the employer's location