Job Title : Nursery Apprentice
Employer : Stonewell Cottage Day Nursery
Location : Moulton, Northamptonshire, NN3 7SW
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Child Care
Vacancy Reference : VAC-11762
Brief Description : This role includes ensuring a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual education and learning through play for children placed in the setting.
Qualifications Required : You will need four GCSEs at grades A*-E or 9-2, or equivalent.
Vacancy Detail : 1. Ensuring confidentiality is maintained within the nursery.
2. Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background; in particular, challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed.
3. Operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range and ability of children in your room in conjunction with the current government recommended curriculum, alongside other staff members including the manager. To give input to your Early Years Practitioner on your key children to ensure their individual needs can be catered for.
4. To be willing to learn about and support the children’s learning and development within the nursery, including being involved in planning, observations and assessments where appropriate.
5. To ensure children emotional needs and well being is provided for at all times.
6. To ensure children’s welfare needs are met at all times.
7. Liaise with and support parents/carers and other family members where appropriate.
8. Attend and have input on staff meetings.
9. To view the nursery as a whole and to undertake certain domestic jobs within the setting, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment and rooms and such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature as may be determined from time to time by the manager.
10. To ensure good standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times and be responsible for the Health and safety standards appropriate for the needs of young children.
11. Record all accidents and incidents, provide this information to parents for signature.
12. To develop and maintain good relationships and communications with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and developmental needs.
13. Ensure that every child is collected by someone known to nursery and that the password system is used within the setting.
14. To ensure that mealtimes are pleasant, social occasions where children can be dependant and independent when necessary.
15. To attend any additional training as necessary to support your individual key children.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday Hours TBC
Salary : £156.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 18/08/2019
Possible Start Date : 19/08/2019
Personal Qualities : • Effective communicator both written and oral & good social skills
• Competence to work to the required standard and conditions of registration and Company policies
• Professional approach to parents
• Ability to demonstrate self-motivation
• Ability to perform manual handling duties and participate in physical activities with the children
Skills Required : • Knowledge of child development
• Awareness of health and Safety requirements within the nursery
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to treat children as individuals
• Knowledge on the importance of confidentiality
• Ability to be actively involved with the children ensuring they are stimulated at all times
Future Prospects : Possibility of progression or a full time position may be offered on successful completion of your apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : Level 2 Certificate in Children and Young People’s Workforce
Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT
Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Monthly onsite work based assessment carried out by a Tresham Training Coordinator
Other Information : Only Candidates who have fully completed the Application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
You will need to attend an initial interview and assessment at Tresham College Of Further and Higher Education. On successful completion of this, your application will be submitted to the employer for their consideration.
Things to consider : With effect from April 2019 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship.
For all other Apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
The map below shows the employer's location