Job Title : Engineering Apprentice
Employer : Tayto Group Ltd
Location : Corby, Northamptonshire, NN17 4AP
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Manufacturing
Vacancy Reference : VAC-11748
Brief Description : The apprenticeship will cover a 4 year period and train individuals to achieve a recognised fully funded qualification in Mechatronics, a multi-skilled programme combining both mechanical and electrical trades.
Qualifications Required : Candidates will typically have achieved level 2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grade C/4 and above) in subjects, including English, Maths and a science
Vacancy Detail : Tayto will build an onsite programme of activity to support individuals applying their skills in workplace and develop them towards their qualification.
Following on from a full academic year at college in the first year of the apprenticeship, the successful candidates will:
• Learn how to use engineering knowledge and understanding to apply technical and practical skills
• Help design, develop, manufacture, build, commission, operate or maintain products, equipment, processes, systems or services
• Develop effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Understand and implement industry regulations
• Adapt to different situations, environments and technologies
Positions Available : 2
Working Week : Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Salary : £163.80 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 31/03/2019
Possible Start Date : 02/09/2019
Personal Qualities : Attitude – positive outlook, constructive, approachable, thinks team and Tayto
Influence – collaborative, shapes current practice, has a wider impact beyond immediate job role
Drive – gets things done, positive challenge, pushes for further success, tenacity
Skills Required : • Strong communication skills and a professional and personable attitude
• Self-motivated and hungry for a challenge.
• Hard working and want to be part of a fun, growing company
Future Prospects : Whilst the apprenticeship is a 4 year fixed term contract. There is no guarantee of an Engineering role at the end of the apprenticeship. If, in the event of a role not being available, Tayto will make every attempt to offer a suitable alternative employment within the business, if possible.
Training to be Provided : • An employer approved Level 2 Foundation Competence qualification
• An employer approved Level 3 Development Competence qualification
• An employer approved Level 3 Development Technical Knowledge qualification
• Apprentices without Level 2 English and Maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking end point assessment
Other Information : Tayto Group Limited encourages applicants of any age to apply, providing that they meet the job requirements and hold the necessary qualifications listed (which are required for this apprenticeship).
With effect from April 1st 2019 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship.
For all other Apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Things to consider : Only Candidates who have fully completed the Application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
Candidates shortlisted will be required to attend an assessment centre with Tayto at a date in May 2019 (TBC).
The map below shows the employer's location